Every Catholic needs to read the Bible. We should not rely only on Sunday homily because there is not enough time for the priest to explain everything in the Bible (and unless we participate in daily Mass, we don’t even get to hear the whole Bible). Each baptised person needs to encounter Jesus Christ, the Word of God, not only in the Eucharist, but also in the Bible, the written word of God by reading and meditating on the Bible every day. Just as our body needs daily nourishment, so our spirit also needs daily nourishment.
FREE T-shirt with purchase of physical Catholic Bible
To promote the reading, meditation and study of the Bible this Bible Sunday, the Archdiocesan Biblical Apostolate offers you an incentive to buy a Catholic Bible, namely one of the following Bibles:
- Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSV-CE) or any Catholic Bible incorporating this text (e.g. Ignatius Bible)
- New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSV-CE) or any Catholic Bible incorporating this text (e.g. The Catholic Prayer Bible Lectio Divina Edition)
- New Jerusalem Bible (NJB)
- Revised New Jerusalem Bible (RNJB)
- New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE) or any Bible incorporating this text
- English Standard Version Catholic Edition (ESV-CE) or any Bible incorporating this text
- Douay–Rheims Bible
Click here for examples of the above editions of Catholic Bibles.
You can redeem a free Bible-themed t-shirt from the ABA office, while stocks last.
Redemption terms and conditions:
- The physical Bible must be purchased in June-September 2018.
- Only the above seven categories of Catholic Bibles are eligible for t-shirt redemption.
- The price paid for the physical Bible must be at least S$15.
- T-shirt redemption is available at the ABA office from 2 July to 30 September 2018 while stocks last. (Please note that the office hours are Mon-Fri, 9am-1pm; closed on public holidays.) The t-shirt image shown is for illustration only. The actual t-shirt may have different text-size or colour combination.
- Please bring the receipt as proof of purchase.
- If the receipt does not clearly indicate the Bible edition, you must also bring the physical Bible for verification.
- Upon t-shirt redemption, the receipt will be stamped.
Bible Sunday Booklet
We are preparing a Bible Sunday booklet, which will be published digitally in PDF. It will contain articles about choosing a Catholic Bible, meditating on the Bible and studying the Bible. Due to very limited resources, the articles will be gradually added over time. We apologise for the delay.